- This event has passed.
Scira Viking Festival – Grand Finale
23rd February 2019
Events throughout the day and evening.
- Viking Battle in Lifeboat Plain.
- Viking Living History Village.
- Viking Trade Stalls selling items relating to the Dark Ages.
- Meet The Viking Re-enactors.
- Learn Archery and Axe throwing.
- Viking Battle on the Beach.
- Dress up in Viking Garb and take part in our afternoon Family Parade on the seafront. Best Family Prize Sponsored by Tesco.
As the sun sets…
The Grand Finale
“We fight as one, we die as one” as we carry Flaming Torches alongside our magnificent Viking Boat
From Ottendorf Green along the Parade Route, down Station Road, High Street and along the West Prom. to the new Boat Burning Site, on the beach below The Leas.
From here you can watch the entertainment with ease. Watch from The Leas, the gardens at the top of the cliff for one of the best views or from the slopes down to the Prom. or on The Prom, itself.
The Viking Boat will be carried onto the beach and set alight. It is a magnificent sight! And will warm you on even the coldest of February Days.
NOTE: Times for all events will be added nearer to the event (please see the link to our Facebook event below) and are, even to the last minute subject to changes in the tide and conditions. It is always best to arrive early to avoid disappointment. We cannot control the Sea, it rushes in, when it is ready, and we can only follow its mood!